Want to turn up the dial in the bedroom? Essential oils for sex drive acceleration are worthy of consideration.
Not only are the fragrances pleasurable, but they can serve as sensual foreplay ideas while in the midst of a steamy session—a win-win.
Whether you'd like the aid for a steamy massage or simply to enhance the aroma between the sheets, Amy Anthony of NYC Aromatica (opens in new tab)has a few recs to kick things in the right direction.
Essential oils for sex drive
According to Anthony, there are a handful of selections to work with.
"Though each oil is different and has its own personality, all of them are nervines and assist states of receptivity via the nervous system with notable antidepressant effect," she tells My Imperfect Life.
Her selections include:
- Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin): a grounding effect to the nervous system, Patchouli "gets into the hips"
- Vetiver (Chrysopogon zizanioides): a stabilizing and restorative, Vetiver is "quieting and creates a supportive space to give voice to [our] grounding and feminine energy," Anthony says
- Ylang ylang (Canaga Odorata): a popular choice for the bedroom, Anthony reveals Ylang ylang "embodies patience" and asks us "to settle into a languid state of brilliant sensuality"
- Clary sage (Salvia sclarea): Anthony describes Clary sage as a nod to the female reproductive system that's relaxing but uplifting and serves as sensual euphoria
She suggests either inhaling the scents through their bottles for 30 seconds to three minutes or to dab up to two drops on a cotton pad before inhaling.
Amy Anthony's blending idea
Find a 30 ml glass bottle with pump top from your local pharmacy or beauty store. Include the following mixture below, and top everything off with a fixed oil such as Jojoba or Almond. Per Anthony, this can be used a sensual massage oil.
- 5 drops Patchouli
- 2 drops Vetiver
- 4 drops Clary sage
- 7 drops Ylang ylang
Essential oils to buy
- View on Edens Garden (opens in new tab)
If you're looking to upgrade the steaminess factor to something as pretty as these oils are fragrant, check out the best crystals for sexuality—great, eye-catching additions to your collection and a boost to your libido.
Amy Anthony founded NYC Aromatica (opens in new tab), which offers independent aromatherapy and essential oil information, private sessions and professional counseling.