Much like with Hailey Bieber's strawberry girl look and of course her similar glazed donut nails, the internet is desperate to sample the start of Hails' berry takeover, the Hailey Bieber Erewhon smoothie.
The Strawberry Glaze Skin Smoothie has become synonymous with glow-giving, skincare magic, but it's not the most accessible drink in the world for two reasons. One, it's only available in select places California (*cry*), given that that is where health foods chain Erewhon is based. And two, even for those it is available to geographically, it's not the most reasonably-priced of beverages, coming in at a whopping $18.
So for those of us who can't get to an Erewhon or swing $18 on a beverage (no matter the glazing properties or aesthetic pink color), we've figured out *exactly* how to recreate the drink at home and on a budget—skin glazing ingredients and all...
What's in the Hailey Bieber Erewhon smoothie?
So, what does the Hailey Bieber smoothie contain, you ask? The official Hailey Bieber Strawberry Glaze Skin smoothie recipe on Erewhon's website lists the following ingredients:
- Malk Almond Milk
- Rancho Meladuco dates
- Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen
- Erewhon sea moss
- Zuma Vallet coconut creme
- Maple Valley maple syrup
- Hyaluronic acid
- Vanilla stevia
- Housemade strawberry glazed
A photo posted by on
Now, a few of those ingredients probably aren't floating around in your kitchen cupboards (we're looking at you, sea moss), which means it would likely require a pretty pricey trip to your local supermarket.
Thankfully though, we've found where to nab the main ingredients for less, plus a few smart swaps for the more obscure on the list...
How to recreate Hailey's *exact* smoothie
Following the launch of Hailey's fabled "Strawberry Glaze Skin" smoothie (P.S. there's now an Emma Chamberlain Erewhom smoothie to try!), TikTok was swiftly flooded with users attempting to make their own. But this is pretty much the exact same recipe using Hails' ingredients...
- Malk Almond Milk: View at Amazon
- Rancho Meladuco dates: View at Amazon
- Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides Powder: View at Amazon
- Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Creamer: View at Amazon
- Erewhon Golden Sol Sea Moss Gel: View at Erewhon
- Zuma Valley Frozen Coconut Cream: View at Erewhon
- Maple Valley Organic Maple Syrup: View at Amazon
- NeoCell Hyaluronic Acid Liquid: View at Amazon
- NuNaturals Vanilla Liquid Stevia: View at Amazon
- Housemade strawberry glaze—Combine one cup mashed strawberries and one cup sugar in a saucepan with 3/4 cup water and 3 tbsp cornstarch. Bring to the boil (don't stop stirring) and then let cool.
To make the smoothie, simply mix one serving of all of the above with a handful of strawberries and half an avocado.
Pour in half of your homemade glaze into your glass and roll around the edges. Then add your smoothie to the glass before mixing in the rest of the glaze. Done!
How to copy Hailey Bieber's Erewhon smoothie for less
While the above recipe allows you to copy Hailey's Strawberry Glaze smoothie exactly from home, it still requires you to splash out on expensive—although the cost per smoothie will still likely be less than Hails' Erewhon OG.
But if you want to replicate the drink for less, UK-based female supplement brand Free Soul has come up with a budget recipe that will only set you back around $6.85 per serving. That's definitely a bargain for something that could give us healthy skin à la Hailey!
According to Free Soul, in order to make your own Hailey Bieber strawberry smoothie you will need...
- Rude Health Ultimate Almond Milk/or any almond milk of your choice, 240ml
- Free Soul Vegan Protein Blend/or similar, one scoop
- Strawberries, small punnet
- Frozen strawberries, 350g
- Avocado, ¼ of one
- Dates (any), two
- Maple syrup (any), add to taste
- Coconut cream (any), 120ml
- Sea moss gel (any), one teaspoon
- Vanilla extract, one teaspoon
Here's where to buy a few of the more obscure ingredients from the above list:
- Orgain Organic Vegan Protein Powder: View at Amazon
- Rude Health Ultimate Almond Milk: View at Amazon
- Coconut Cream: View at Amazon
- Sea Moss Gel: View at Amazon
And here's how to make Free Soul's version of the Hailey Bieber skincare smoothie:
- First, you want to create the strawberry puree, visible in the Insta snaps of the viral drink—put your strawberries in a bowl with your maple syrup and heat up in the microwave, before pushing them through a sieve for smoothness. You can then use a spoon to drizzle this mixture around the edges of your glass or container to make it extra fancy.
- Then add your 120ml of coconut cream to the bottom of your drinking cup.
- Hollow out your avocado and put ¼ into your blender. Add to it 240ml almond milk, 350g frozen strawberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup to taste.
- Add to the blender two dates, a scoop of Free Soul Vegan Protein Blend and a teaspoon of sea moss gel, and blend. Then simply pour it into your cup and voila!
Instead of the hyaluronic acid and the vanilla collagen from the original recipe, Free Soul recommends adding a protein blend and a teaspoon of vanilla extract instead, as you’ll get plenty of benefits from the fruit and veg too.
However, if you did want to get a result closer to Hailey's version, you could just swap out the protein blend and vanilla extract for the vanilla collagen creamer and hyaluronic acid liquid that the model uses.
But just be aware that making these swaps will set you back more money, as they cost quite a bit more.
Is the Hailey Bieber Erewhon smoothie still available?
If you've already tried your hand at making Hailey's smoothie but still want to sample the real deal—yes, the Hailey Bieber Erewhon smoothie is still available.
You can also find it on the Erewhon website, along with the rest of the brand's drink options.
Naomi is a Lifestyle News Writer with the Women's Lifestyle team, where she covers everything from entertainment to fashion and beauty, as well as TikTok trends for Woman&Home, after previously writing for My Imperfect Life and GoodTo. Interestingly though, Naomi actually has a background in design, having studied illustration at Plymouth University but lept into the media world in 2020, after always having a passion for writing and earned her Gold Standard diploma in Journalism with the NCTJ.
Before working for Future Publishing’s Lifestyle News team, she worked in the Ad production team. Here she wrote and designed adverts on all sorts of things, which then went into print magazines across all genres. Now, when she isn’t writing articles on celebs, fashion trends, or the newest shows on Netflix, you can find her drinking copious cups of coffee, drawing and probably online shopping.
- Aleesha BadkarFormer Deputy Editor at My Imperfect Life
I am blush *obsessed* and this easy multi-use pick always gets me compliments
As a self-proclaimed blush connoisseur, I swear by ILIA's cheek and lip stick and hopefully, when my work is done, you will too.
By Naomi Jamieson Published
Emma Chamberlain just debuted the ultimate sexy chic updo—and the wispy look is perfect for fall
If you've been looking for a new, signature hair look for fall, Emma Chamberlain may have just come *through* for you...
By Naomi Jamieson Published
Erewhon's new 'Glow' smoothie is basically night cream in a drink—here's how to recreate it
Here's how to whip up the new Erewhon 'Glow' smoothie at home, for those of us without a local market *cry*
By Naomi Jamieson Last updated
How to recreate Emma Chamberlain's cold brew Erewhon smoothie at home, with 5 easy ingredients
We're *buzzing* to try Emma Chamberlain's coffee-based Erewhon smoothie....
By Naomi Jamieson Last updated