Nick and Charlie's romance is blossoming, and the Heartstopper season 2 soundtrack is the perfect accompaniment to their love story.
The music aptly sums up all parts of a young couple's journey—the giddiness, the excitement, the uncertainty. Your Spotify Receipitfy findings will certainly err on the side of emotional as a result.
In the new season of the show, which hit Netflix on Thursday, August 3, the couple grows into the relationship and learns how to grapple with their identities. And yes, there's a highly anticipated class trip to Paris, and of course, the prom (which seems like an afterthought compared to the City of Love).
Considering Alice Oseman’s Heartstopper books (available on Amazon) that inspired the series have sold more than six million copies, it's safe to say that fans have resonated with her coming-of-age tale.
“As an actor, you’re not always so lucky to be able to do a project you feel actually has an impact on people. I feel super lucky to have been able to do it,” Kit Connor (Nick) told British Vogue. “The idea that you’re having an impact on anyone’s life, especially a stranger, it’s really special.”
Naturally, you know the playlist is going to be top-notch.
Here's what's on the 'Heartstopper' season 2 soundtrack:
One of the best LGBTQ+ TV shows streaming has an equally satisfying playlist, with the charming, ethereal sounds of beabadoobee, giddy tracks from Let's Eat Grandma, and but of course, the queen of love stories, Miss Taylor Swift.
If you're looking to make some additions to your Spotify playlist, here are the songs that appear on the series.
Episode 1: "Out"
- “Shatter” by Maggie Rogers
- “Out of My League” by Fitz and The Tantrums
- “Pressure to Party” by Julia Jacklin
- “The Beach” by Wolf Alice
Episode 2: "Family"
- “coming of age” by mxmtoon
- “Paradise” by Carmody
- “welcome to the sidelines” by amy michelle
- “You Wouldn’t Like Me” by Tegan and Sara
Episode 3: "Promise"
- “Retrospect” by Vistas
- “Things Will Be Fine (Bratty Remix)” by Metronomy & Bratty
- “The Sound” by The 1975
- “Le temps de l’amour (Fox Medium)” by Françoise Hardy
- “Kiss Ur Face Forever” by Orla Gartland
- “foreplay” by siouxxie sixxsta
- “Miss U” by Bad Smith
- “Lovesong” by beabadoobee
Episode 4: "Challenge"
- “Obsessed” by Hatchie
- “Trésor” by Hervé
- “Un peu plus souvent” by Alexia Gredy
- “mona lisa” by mxmtoon
- “Freak Out” by Miya Folick
Episode 5: "Heat"
- “Nobody Really Cares” by Baby Queen
- “Doesn’t matter” by Christine and the Queens
- “Fall In Love With A Girl” by Cavetown feat. Orla Gartland
- “Never Be the Same” by Gabrielle Aplin
Episode 6: "Truth/Dare"
- “On était beau” by Louane
- “Bros” by Wolf Alice
- “3D Feelings” by Alfie Templeman
- “Then It All Goes Away” by Dayglow
- “Hot & Heavy” by Lucy Dacus
- “Pretty Girl Lie” by Baby Queen
- “Deep End” by Holly Humberstone
Episode 7: "Sorry"
- “We Can Be Anything” by Baby Queen
- “People Watching” by Conan Gray
- “Cry!” by Caroline Rose
- “Crush Culture” by Conan Gray
- “Skin” by Carmody
- “Blush” by Wolf Alice
Episode 8: "Perfect"
- “Colours of You” by Baby Queen
- “Run Away with Me” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Young” by Neon Capital & Kinck
- “Happy New Year” by Let’s Eat Grandma
- “Just Like Heaven” by The Cure
- “seven” by Taylor Swift
- “ur so pretty” by Wasia Project
Heartstopper season 2 is now streaming on Netflix.
Need a TV show recommendation? Maybe a few decor tips? Danielle, a digital news writer at Future, has you covered. Her work appears throughout the company’s lifestyle brands, including My Imperfect Life, Real Homes, and woman&home. Mainly, her time is spent at My Imperfect Life, where she’s attuned to the latest entertainment trends and dating advice for Gen Z.
Before her time at Future, Danielle was the editor of Time Out New York Kids, where she got to experience the best of the city from the point of view of its littlest residents. Before that, she was a news editor at Elite Daily. Her work has also appeared in Domino, Chowhound, and amNewYork, to name a few.
When Danielle’s not writing, you can find her testing out a new recipe, reading a book (suggestions always welcome), or rearranging the furniture in her apartment…again.
I am blush *obsessed* and this easy multi-use pick always gets me compliments
As a self-proclaimed blush connoisseur, I swear by ILIA's cheek and lip stick and hopefully, when my work is done, you will too.
By Naomi Jamieson Published
Emma Chamberlain just debuted the ultimate sexy chic updo—and the wispy look is perfect for fall
If you've been looking for a new, signature hair look for fall, Emma Chamberlain may have just come *through* for you...
By Naomi Jamieson Published