Welcome back to Hawkins! Allow the Stranger Things soundtrack to transport you to the era of big hair, spandex, neon...and the chaos of the Upside Down.
Stranger Things season 4 has finally debuted in all of its 80s, sci-fi glory, and it's certainly piquing fans' interest.
For such a busy storyline, it only makes sense for epic tunes to accompany the greatest season to date. For some synth-heavy electronic/new wave chart-toppers, look no further than the Duffer Brothers and music supervisor Nora Felder's song selections.
Sure, the extra-lengthy new episodes kept you fastened to the couch, but the season 4 soundtrack will most likely send you to the dance floor. Just keep your fingers crossed that Vecna doesn't get there first.
'Stranger Things' soundtrack season 4 (thus far)
Thanks to the show, Kate Bush’s "Running Up That Hill" has particularly seen a resurgence. It made its way to number 1 on the iTunes charts and No. 106 on Spotify’s top 200 as of Sunday, May 29.
Which 80s classic is your favorite?
- "California Dreamin'" by The Mamas and the Papas
- "Object of My Desire" by Starpoint
- "Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush
- "I Was a Teenage Werewolf" by The Cramps
- "Play With Me" by Extreme
- "Chica Mejanita" by Mae Arnette
- "Detroit Rock City" by Kiss
- "The Red Army Is The Strongest" by The Red Army Choir
- "Got Your Number" by The Lloyd Langton Group
- "Fever" by The Cramps
- "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive
- "Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco
- "Diamonds and Emeralds" by The Interior Castle
- "Burning Up" by Donnell Pitman
- "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora
- "Wipe Out" by The Surfaris
- "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads
- "Guardian Angel" by Fergus MacRoy
- "Hard Feelings" by Al Kerbey
- "Pass the Dutchie" by Musical Youth
- "Clair de Lune" by Claude Debussy
- "Dream a Little Dream of Me" by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
- "Legless" by Hipbone Slim
- "Travelin’ Man" by Rick Nelson
- "Quand le bien-aimé reviendra" by Dalayrac
- "David Searches" by Arthur B. Rubinstein
- "Time’s Up" by Arthur B. Rubinstein
- "Cutthroat" by S U R V I V E
- "The Snow Maiden: Chorus of the People and the Courtiers" by Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky,
- "Prophecies" by Philip Glass
- "Akhnaten Act 1, Scene 3: The Window of Appearances" by Philip Glass
- "Akhnaten, Act II, Scene 2, Akhnaten and Nefertiti" by Philip Glass
But more songs await! Stranger Things season 4 volume 2 drops on July 1 on Netflix. (If you were curious how many episodes are in Stranger Things season 4, we have the scoop on the longer, scarier and bolder new season.)
Though we definitely have some time until the finale—Stranger Things season 5—we have a feeling we're in store for equally amazing stories and songs from the Upside Down.
Need a TV show recommendation? Maybe a few decor tips? Danielle, a digital news writer at Future, has you covered. Her work appears throughout the company’s lifestyle brands, including My Imperfect Life, Real Homes, and woman&home. Mainly, her time is spent at My Imperfect Life, where she’s attuned to the latest entertainment trends and dating advice for Gen Z.
Before her time at Future, Danielle was the editor of Time Out New York Kids, where she got to experience the best of the city from the point of view of its littlest residents. Before that, she was a news editor at Elite Daily. Her work has also appeared in Domino, Chowhound, and amNewYork, to name a few.
When Danielle’s not writing, you can find her testing out a new recipe, reading a book (suggestions always welcome), or rearranging the furniture in her apartment…again.
I am blush *obsessed* and this easy multi-use pick always gets me compliments
As a self-proclaimed blush connoisseur, I swear by ILIA's cheek and lip stick and hopefully, when my work is done, you will too.
By Naomi Jamieson Published
Emma Chamberlain just debuted the ultimate sexy chic updo—and the wispy look is perfect for fall
If you've been looking for a new, signature hair look for fall, Emma Chamberlain may have just come *through* for you...
By Naomi Jamieson Published