Just in time to tweak your holiday playlist, the most searched for Christmas song has been revealed. Upon learning the findings, however, we can't help but wonder if the Queen of Christmas has been dethroned!
Mariah Carey declared it Christmastime mere seconds after Halloween wrapped up—the ghost and ghouls barely made it back into storage. However, the pop star's uber-hit "All I Want for Christmas is You" is shockingly not the top search in the US or the UK, much to our surprise. *Cue the Kevin McCallister scream face*
So...what Christmas jingle do people want to listen to?
- Our ultimate ranking of the best Christmas movies of all time
- How to decorate your Christmas tree according to your zodiac sign
- Cozy gifts that'll keep you and your favorite people comfy all season
The most searched for Christmas song is...
Home Essentials (opens in new tab) did a little digging to uncover various countries' favorite holiday tunes. Using Google search data, the company uncovered that Wham! is actually the go-to search. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!
This year, to save Mariah from tears, no one reveal the info below to the holiday enthusiast!
- United Kingdom: "Last Christmas" by Wham! at 1,733,500 searches
- United States: "Feliz Navidad" at 2,022,100 searches
- France: "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey at 163,400 searches
- Spain: "Feliz Navidad" at 1,276,100 searches
- Italy: "Jingle Bells" at 397,200 searches
- Germany: "Last Christmas" by Wham! at 530,100 searches
- South Africa: "Last Christmas" by Wham! at 36,600 searches
- Australia: "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey at 106,900 searches
Although we were certainly not prepared for that "Feliz Navidad" reveal, the good news is that the more holiday tunes on your Spotify list, the merrier, quite literally. Science says that getting into the Christmas spirit early actually makes us feel happier, so we say find some eggnog, grab the tinsel and enjoy your favorite songs—whatever they might be—while you rock around the Christmas tree (pun very much intended).
Danielle is a writer for woman&home and My Imperfect Life, covering all-things news, lifestyle and entertainment.
The heart of her time at Future has been devoted to My Imperfect Life, where she's been attuned to the cosmos and honed in on astrology coverage within the Life vertical. She's partial to writing pieces about the next big TV obsession—anyone else impatiently waiting for "Conversations with Friends"—and keeping you up to date on new trends like the latest must-have from Zara.
Before her time at Future, Danielle was the editor of Time Out New York Kids and a news editor at Elite Daily. Her work has also appeared in Domino, Chowhound, amNewYork and Newsday, among other outlets.
When Danielle is not working, you can usually find her reading a new book, coffee at hand, or attempting a new recipe. (Recommendations always welcome!)
Your weekly horoscope is here: August 8 - August 14
Your weekly horoscope is here—and it's one of the most exciting weeks of 2022
By Narayana Montúfar • Published
The 5 best vibrating panties for a fun, discreet way to orgasm
Vibrating panties and wearable panty toys are a fun way to lean into pleasure—wherever you are!
By Melissa Parker • Published