Just in time to tweak your holiday playlist, the most searched for Christmas song has been revealed. Upon learning the findings, however, we can't help but wonder if the Queen of Christmas has been dethroned!
Mariah Carey declared it Christmastime mere seconds after Halloween wrapped up—the ghost and ghouls barely made it back into storage. However, the pop star's uber-hit "All I Want for Christmas is You" is shockingly not the top search in the US or the UK, much to our surprise. *Cue the Kevin McCallister scream face*
So...what Christmas jingle do people want to listen to?
- Our ultimate ranking of the best Christmas movies of all time
- How to decorate your Christmas tree according to your zodiac sign
- Cozy gifts that'll keep you and your favorite people comfy all season
The most searched for Christmas song is...
Home Essentials did a little digging to uncover various countries' favorite holiday tunes. Using Google search data, the company uncovered that Wham! is actually the go-to search. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!
This year, to save Mariah from tears, no one reveal the info below to the holiday enthusiast!
- United Kingdom: "Last Christmas" by Wham! at 1,733,500 searches
- United States: "Feliz Navidad" at 2,022,100 searches
- France: "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey at 163,400 searches
- Spain: "Feliz Navidad" at 1,276,100 searches
- Italy: "Jingle Bells" at 397,200 searches
- Germany: "Last Christmas" by Wham! at 530,100 searches
- South Africa: "Last Christmas" by Wham! at 36,600 searches
- Australia: "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey at 106,900 searches
Although we were certainly not prepared for that "Feliz Navidad" reveal, the good news is that the more holiday tunes on your Spotify list, the merrier, quite literally. Science says that getting into the Christmas spirit early actually makes us feel happier, so we say find some eggnog, grab the tinsel and enjoy your favorite songs—whatever they might be—while you rock around the Christmas tree (pun very much intended).
Need a TV show recommendation? Maybe a few decor tips? Danielle, a digital news writer at Future, has you covered. Her work appears throughout the company’s lifestyle brands, including My Imperfect Life, Real Homes, and woman&home. Mainly, her time is spent at My Imperfect Life, where she’s attuned to the latest entertainment trends and dating advice for Gen Z.
Before her time at Future, Danielle was the editor of Time Out New York Kids, where she got to experience the best of the city from the point of view of its littlest residents. Before that, she was a news editor at Elite Daily. Her work has also appeared in Domino, Chowhound, and amNewYork, to name a few.
When Danielle’s not writing, you can find her testing out a new recipe, reading a book (suggestions always welcome), or rearranging the furniture in her apartment…again.
Prada loafers are the *ultimate* IT-girl shoe for fall—but I've found some equally chunky and chic swaps for $1000 less
Looking for a pair of Prada loafer dupes? These five statement pumps definitely fulfill the assignment...
By Naomi Jamieson Published
Wait, so are we getting 'Sex Education' season 5 after all?
Will there be a 'Sex Education' season 5 on Netflix? Creator Laurie Nunn hints that there *could* be more
By Danielle Valente Published