By Danielle Valente published
Summer's wrapping up, but Spotify is still reveling in the season's best tunes. If you're not quite ready to bid adieu to the sunshine months, check out who landed on the Spotify Songs of the Summer playlist. You won't be surprised who pulled in a staggering 600 million global plays and earned the top spot.
Considering the overwhelming stats that brought the artist in question to #1 out of 25, it's safe to assume everyone's Spotify color palettes look exactly the same this summer. (For those who haven't tried the feature, it's an external tool that analyzes your favorite tracks and presents you with color shades based on your playlists.)
From May 29 to August 22, 2021, Spotify has dug deep to see which tunes were most beloved by listeners. The catchy track that took home the gold found its way onto 18 million Spotify playlists, according to the company's research. Wowza.
- Spotify's 'Only You' gives you a birth chart reading based on your go-to artists
- How bad is your Spotify? This feature allows a robot to judge your taste in music
- Look who's here! Taylor Swift's debut TikTok is making fans' heads spin
What is the top Spotify Song of the Summer?
It's none other than our favorite angsty teen battle cry "good 4 u" by Olivia Rodrigo. Are you surprised? We certainly weren't! It's possible we personally account for 500 of those 600 million plays.
A photo posted by on
Who else is on the Spotify Song of the Summer playlist?
The app also tallied up its data to see who landed behind Rodrigo on the top 25 list. Catch the first 10 tracks below and see the full lineup on the Spotify website:
- "good 4 u" - Olivia Rodrigo
- "Beggin" - Maneskin
- "Todo De Ti" - Rauw Alejandro
- "MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)" - Lil Nas X
- "Kiss Me More" - Doja Cat feat. SZA
- "STAY" - The Kid LAROI feat. Justin Bieber
- "Yonaguni" - Bad Bunny
- "Bad Habits" - Ed Sheeran
- "Butter" - BTS
- "Levitating" by Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby
BRB, just having a Sour jam session so Rodrigo can be crowned the winner for the fall!
Danielle is a writer for My Imperfect Life, where she particularly enjoys covering lifestyle and entertainment news. She was previously the editor of Time Out New York Kids and a news editor at Elite Daily. When she's not working, you can find her reading a good book and enjoying a cup of coffee. Follow her @dvwrites.